The National Association of Home Builders has chosen the finalists for the Best of IBS Awards, highlighting new and innovative home and building products on exhibit at the 2023 NAHB International Builders’ Show later this month in Las Vegas.
Industry judges chose the 31 finalists, including one product nominated twice, from over 400 submissions across nine categories and evaluated them based on innovation, functionality and design, according to a press release. The winners, including Best in Show, will be announced at the conclusion of the event.
Many of the finalists have applications in the multifamily sector. They include:
Kitchens and baths
• Dual Fuel Range by BlueStar – A gas and electric range available in over 1,000 finish colors.
• Elite Custom Range Hood by Broan-NuTone – Range hoods made to be installed in custom housing such as cabinetry.
• Radiant Wave Switch by Legrand – A wall-mounted smart light switch that allows users to turn lights on and off with a wave of their hand.
• ProTerra by Rheem – A 120-volt water heater that requires little to no electrical work for installation.
• Span Drive by Span – An add-on component to upgrade an existing SPAN Panel electric vehicle charger to charge at up to 11.5 kW.
• Ventless All In One Washer Dryer by Whirlpool – The 4.5-cubic-foot combination laundry appliance includes an automatic detergent dispenser and extra-large capacity.
• Bilt by Bilt Inc. – An app that provides interactive 3D assembly instructions for various consumer and professional products.
• Canvas by Canvas – Architectural design software used to create 3D models of floor plans, which may be exported in editable industry-standard formats.
• Brilliant Home Control System by Brilliant – An in-wall smart lighting and home control system designed to integrate with other smart home brands.
• Lennox S40 Smart Thermostat by Lennox Industries – The newest edition of Lennox’s smart thermostat line.
• Span Panel by Span – An electrical panel that monitors home energy performance, among other features.
• Vacuum Elevators by Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators – A series of elevators powered by pneumatic lifts, including wheelchair-accessible models.
• Cantilever by Viewrail – A floating wooden stair system with a glass rail and no visible stringing or hardware.
• Overture by Broan-NuTone – An automated air filtration system that incorporates sensors, switches, plugs and a smart app.
• Performance Series V-Coil by Carrier – An evaporator coil with a V-shaped coil construction.
Windows and doors
• Axolotl by Axolotl – A series of pivot, swing, and oversize luxury doors made using a proprietary surfacing process that bonds metal to a choice of substrate.
• Door Stud by Door Stud – A tool that holds prehung or slab doors in place while they are being installed.
• MasterGrain Premium Fiberglass Door by Weber Technologies/MasterGrain – A series of wood-grain fiberglass doors, produced in a variety of styles and applications.
• Pagen greenEvolution by Pagen – A PVC window detailed with raw copper on the outside and embossed leather on the inside.
• Elevation Cable Rail by Barrette Outdoor Living – A deck railing system shipped in pre-assembled kits with pre-tensioned wires. It requires no special tools or fasteners to install.
• Exacor Magnesium Oxide Panels by Huber Engineered Woods – Cementitious panels reinforced with glass fiber mesh, applicable as subflooring, underlayment, and wall sheathing.
• Zip System Peel & Stick Underlayment by Huber Engineered Woods – A waterproof roofing layer designed for use with ZIP System roof sheathing and tape. Available in standard and high temperature options