When Timothy J. (T.J.) Harper joined Nationwide Energy Partners (NEP) in 2020 as the company’s new president, he set his sights on taking the Ohio-based energy services company to the next level. Despite starting with the organization in the global pandemic’s early days, Harper believed his new team had the foundation in place to build a very bright future for NEP and the multifamily property owners who make up their primary customer base.
“Our progress over the past three years is really a reflection of our team’s customer-centric, all-in approach. We are truly one team with one focus, working to give our customers an energy experience tailored to the unique needs of multifamily owners. Our laser focus on the needs of landlords positions us as the premier energy services option in the multifamily space and, for our customers, it truly represents energy done better,” said Harper. Under Harper’s leadership, NEP has instituted a series of positive programs and changes that have revolutionized how multifamily properties think about energy services:
- Carbon-Free Energy - Every NEP-serviced property’s electrical usage is 100% carbon-free at no additional cost to the community or its residents. The result is a tangible reduction in carbon footprint and working together toward a sustainable future.
- Rate Guarantee Program - A game-changer since its roll out in 2022, NEP’s rate guarantee provides residents with peace of mind in an ever-changing energy market. No surprises, just accurate bills.
- Electrical Preventative Maintenance - Under Harper’s leadership, NEP offers a no-cost, documented electric preventative maintenance program that provides routine inspections and maintenance to reduce electrical system failures and downtime, providing a better service experience to the community.
- Deposit Elimination - NEP removed the initial resident deposit requirement creating a benefit to choosing its client’s properties over other landlord energy services.
- ApartmentFacts - Unique implementation of technologies such as the data insight platform and reporting tool ApartmentsFacts designed to help communities better understand and educate their customers in a complex market.
- Technology Upgrades - Significant investments in a variety of tools and systems delivering a more advanced, timely experience to the communities NEP serves.
- Third Party SOC Audit - NEP has undergone third-party examination controls and rate testing as part of Harper’s continuous improvement culture, helping to ensure their customers receive optimal energy solutions.
- Scioto Energy Partnership - Entered into a meaningful collaboration with the energy and risk management experts at Scioto Energy to help their customers better manage dynamic market volatility.
- Demand Management - Under Harper’s leadership, NEP now delivers demand management solutions to their partner communities by transforming electric water heaters into smart appliances through the Armada Power enterprise solution.
These achievements have culminated in the organization shattering sales growth records and, in the process, reaching more multifamily communities. Apartment developers and owners clearly see the value NEP delivers and prefer an energy construction and services company aligned to their needs. “It has been a great three years but our team understands this is just the beginning. The future is bright and we are chomping at the bit to continue to drive forward and provide our current and future customers with the best possible energy service solutions,” said Harper.